Thursday 1 March 2012

Kardashian inspired tuxedo chic outfit on a budget! Weekend OOTN, FOTN and NOTN

Hey loves!

Can you believe it's almost the weekend already?! Time sure does fly! Anyways I thought I'd do a post including my weekend outfit as I love other people's posts like this! Not only that, but I get to talk about my fave TV family, the Kardashians (who my look was based on!)

Photobucket
As you can see the Kardashians love to rock the Tuxedo chic look, with everyone from Kris Jenner to Khloe K sporting the classy, polished image, which includes bow ties, smart shirts, tuxedo blazers and leather panel leggings. This is totally up my street as I love my outfits to look smart and polished, I don't know why! I also love to emulate their style on a budget (the most expensive part of my outfit was the blouse and that was still only £20!) So here's what I wore... :-)

FASHION:

Black vest (just seen) - H&M (old)
Nude sleeveless blouse - Boohoo (link!)
Black bow tie - ASOS (link!)
Black leather panel leggings - Boohoo (link!)
Black patent heels - Priceless Shoes (link!) (see blog post)
Black patent bag - Vintage

Accessories detail:
Black bow tie; PU panel leggings; Black patent accessories
I loved teaming the bow tie with the blouse as it definitely needed a pop of black to go with the leggings! The leggings are super feisty as well, I definitely felt like a Kardashian in them LOL

MAKE-UP:
FACE: Benefit That Gal primer, Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous Foundation Faker (02 Medium), Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium), YSL Touche Eclat (#1), Benefit Dallas bronzer (applied using an old bronzing brush), Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator (02 Peach). Set using Bedhead Masterpiece Hairspray.

EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original), Avon Mocha Latte quad eyeshadows & Rimmel Mono Eyeshadow in Smokey Quartz (both applied using No7 Eyeshadow Brush), Soap & Glory SUPERCAT Carbon Gloss Liner on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (Black) along lower waterline, 2 coats of CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara (Black). Ruby & Millie Brow Enhance (shadow + wax) on eyebrows.

LIPS: LUSH Bubblegum lip scrub + Carmex Original lip balm to prime. Rimmel Red Dynamite lip liner (smudged in using the Body Shop lip brush); MAC Matte Lipstick in Russian Red (applied using same brush). Lipcote to seal.

HAIR: Curled using original GHD straightening irons and set in place using Bedhead Masterpiece hairspray. The hair in front of my face is soo annoying!

Again I went for quite a classic look for my make-up, a la Kim K!

NAILS:


I kept my classic french nails on as they suited the look perfectly! If I didn't wear these I would've painted my natural nails red to match my lips.

What do you think of the tuxedo chic look? Is it something you'd wear?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment