Tuesday 20 March 2012

Natural FOTD featuring my forgotten love MAC Pro Longwear Foundation!

Hey loves!

Hope you've all had a fab Tuesday :-) Did you guys enjoy my Snooki inspired OOTN last week? It's not often I take fashion inspiration from the cast of Jersey Shore but I just couldn't resist this trend! Haha.

So ever since I received the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation for Christmas, I've been reaching for that when I'm after a full-coverage, long-wearing foundation. On a day to day basis, I'll whack on Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect as I can quickly apply it with my fingers and it smells yum!

But recently I've been turning to my beloved MAC Pro Longwear. I purchased this back in July last year and I have to admit I forgot how truly great it was! It's full coverage, banishing ANY redness/imperfections to leave the skin looking polished, perfect and radiant, and it lasts all day as well. It's very different in consistency to Estee Lauder's Double Wear, which is quite runny in comparison to the Pro Longwear which has a kind of 'stringy' consistency! (hard to explain!)

I ALWAYS apply the MAC Pro Longwear with my MAC 190 Foundation Brush. If I'm really in the mood, I'll buff it in with my ELF Stippling Brush or Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge (that's if I remember!)
So here's how I rocked MAC Pro Longwear today!

FOTD:

FACE: Aldi Lacura Shimmering Day Cream, MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC15, applied with MAC 190 Foundation Brush), MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NW15) for blemishes, YSL Touche Eclat (#1) for dark circles, Benefit Hoola Bronzer (applied using Benefit Fan Brush), Benefit Coralista Blusher (applied using Cosmopolitan Beauty Expert Perfect Finish Blush Brush. MAC Fix+ to finish.

EYES: Sleek Storm Palette (taupe and matte brown shades), Soap and Glory SUPERCAT Carbon Black Liner on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick (Brown) in lower waterline, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara (Black).

LIPS: Missguided nude lipgloss.

As you can see, the MAC Pro Longwear leaves the skin looking really radiant - believe me, my skin isn't like that naturally! LOL

Have you tried the MAC Pro Longwear Foundation? Or do you have a forgotten foundation fave?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo


9 comments:

  1. Maybe I didn't give this a proper look in in store, you look fab! I know what you mean about the texture though

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo i would love to give this a try, ever since i purchased the mac studio sculpt i haven't purchased another foundation, so would like to try something new :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gaelle I know, the texture is really weird! It also dries SO quickly! But yeah it is amazing! Thanks hun! xxx

    @Sophie Ooh I've not tried that, what's it like? I'm quite committed to my Pro Longwear but I think in the summer I'm going to try Face and Body as that's more lightweight! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i literally love it, it feels like a good coverage, and it smells quite nice compared to studio fix (it smells like paint to me :S haha) ..yeah im quite tempted to try the face and body too, thats if i can bare to have less coverage haha xxx

      Delete
    2. Yeah I know what you mean lol, I will probably have to choose a darker shade as well as I tend to tan a bit more in the summer!! Hmm decisions decisions xxx

      Delete
  4. I have couple of foundations that are just lying in my make-up drawers, they are to dark for my skin.

    I went to a MAC counter and the girl tried all the different kind of foundation trying to find one that didn't look wrong and to dark for my skin, in the end none of them worked for my skin-tone. I was quite disappointed but it's always like that for me.

    - Katrin
    http://tarte-aux-fraises.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! I've never heard of that before :-( what foundation do you use now? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you honey, I LOVE IT!!! :-) have you tried it? Xxx

    ReplyDelete