Saturday 3 March 2012

OOTD ft. my new £10 George at Asda electric blue jeans - and my coloured jeans collection!

Hey you guys!

I hope you all enjoyed my post on the Soleil Tan de Chanel, I'm looking forward to reading your responses about how you use it! :-)

So if you follow me on Twitter you'll know that last night the bf and I took a trip to the movies and out for dins! You'll see that I was NOT a fan of the film (Wanderlust FYI). The meal however was DELISH! We had a voucher for Bella Italia so dined there. Nick had a pizza of some sort and I had wholeweat rigatoni with chicken & mushrooms (no white carbs for Lent, ugh)!

So here's what I wore...

OOTD:

Leather jacket - TOPSHOP (old)
Black snood - Next (link!) (see blog post)
White vest (just seen) - Dorothy Perkins (old)
Electric blue skinnies - George at Asda (link!)
Black biker boots - Matalan (link!) (see blog post)

I read in Heat magazine that George at Asda were offering their coloured skinny jeans for just £10 a pop so I had to snap some some up for myself, including this electric blue pair! I've noticed a handful of celebs have been spotted in similar pairs as well recently, including my idol Kim K!

Celebs in electric blue jeans:
From L-R: Kim Kardashian, Hilary Duff and Alicia Keys
I love the way they've all decided to pair the skinnies with simple colours like black and white, that's definitely a look that's up my street! Tbh I can't believe I wore blue, I literally am a black, white and grey kinda gal! Kim's also sported a leather jacket like me, love it!


My coloured jeans collection:

Having worn my electric blue skinnies last night, I thought I'd show you the other coloured skinnies I own! No doubt they'll become a wardrobe staple of mine :-)
Clockwise from top left: George at Asda, George at Asda, ASOS Petite, Next Petite
  • Coral skinnies - George at Asda (currently on offer for £10 - normally £14)
I picked these up after I bought the blue pair as I just couldn't resist denim for a tenner! I was a bit unsure of the colour at first, like I said I am reluctant to wear colour at the best of times, but I figured these would get a bit more use when the weather warms up a bit! I do have to roll the bottoms up as I'm only 5'1 but it doesn't look too bad. Oh, and the sizes come up quite big so I'd buy a size smaller. Other coloured skinnies on offer include electric blue (pictured), rose pink, stone and jade green.
My new favourite pair! I can see these becoming a real go-to item in my wardrobe. They can be dressed down with a cosy jumper and uggs, or dressed up with a smart blouse and shoe boots.
I don't know about you but I'm a massive sucker for pastels right now! I can see myself getting a tad obsessed with them like I do every year! I always wear a lavender shade on my nails in the summer as it's so subtle and pretty. This pair look really lovely with a cream cardigan and sandals. The good thing about these is that they are actually petite! They also offer petite coloured skinnies in pastel orange and pink.
I picked these up when I worked at Next and I apologise for the picture, I don't iron my clothes! lol. After reading by Dulce Candy's bright jeans post, I'm going to team these with a neon pink bag! Again I'm so glad these are actually petite in length! Thank God for Next!

I think that's enough coloured skinnies in my collection now - I might have to immerse myself in another trend!

Would you wear electric blue jeans trend? What do you wear with your coloured jeans?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

7 comments:

  1. I am loving those coloured jeans my friend just bought a pair from Topshop and they look fab.

    Look lovely on you too cc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to get my hands on a pair of blue skinnies. Love colored jeans.

    P.S. We are having a giveaway over on our blog for a personalized necklace. If you have time please stop by and enter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lisa-Jane Thank you hun, that's really sweet :-) Ooh I can imagine the Toppers pair were slightly more expensive!!! haha xxx

    @SunnyDaysBlog Ooh that sounds exciting, checking it out now! Thanks for your comment :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the jeans look lush, even with a plain top they make a statement i love it :)..i really fancy a pink pair similar to the pair you purchased so i think a trip to asda is definitely in order at some point :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want some lavender jeans!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this trend for spring! Great outfit :)

    www.rosehorseshoe.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sophie Lou Thanks hun, yeah I agree - blue jeans defo make a statement! Yeah do it girl, or if they're still on offer you could get some online as it cancels out the delivery cost! Let me know if you get some!

    @Kerry Hehe lucky me! Try Primark... or Topshop (SALE!) lol xxx

    @Marija Thanks lovely, I love it too!

    ReplyDelete