Tuesday 28 June 2011

Weekend OOTN & FOTN: Porange!

Hey divas!

I thought you might be interested in reading how I achieved my "going out" look from over the weekend when me and a few friends hit Brighton town. I was actually in a mad rush to get ready as I started getting ready late (no surprise there) and my fake tan went pretty dodgy at the last minute but who cares, right?! I still had a good time.

MAKE-UP & HAIR

I didn't go OTT with my make-up, sometimes I go for a really intense smoky eye or diva-esque red lip but it was lovely and summery in the evening so I fancied something a little more "low-key." Make-up is the same as I always wear on a night out really, no falsies this time either (I told you I was in a rush!)
FACE
Benefit That Gal face primer
Benefit Some Kinda Gorgeous Foundation Faker (Original)
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium)
Benefit Dallas bronzer
Benefit Coralista blush
Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator (02 Peach)

EYES
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original)
Urban Decay Baked e/s (Buck) all over lid
Urban Decay Baked e/s (Smog) on outer corners
Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid eye-liner (Black) along top lid
Avon Color Trend Double Ended Kajal Stick (Black) along lower waterline
Benefit Bad Gal mascara (Black)
CoverGirl Lash Blast Mascara (Black - Volume)
Mac Eye Brows (Lingering)

LIPS
Avon Plump Pout Honey Shades lip gloss (Pink Nectar)

HAIR
Curled using standards GHD's and set using L'Oreal's Very Volume Supreme Hold hairspray, love that stuff :)
OUTFIT

Lilac bodycon dress (worn as top) - Oasis
Orange bodycon skirt - H&M (see below!)
Nude patent pumps - Barratts
Nude leather clutch - DP's
Hoop earrings (just seen) - Primarni

I picked up the skirt for £3 in the H&M sale... how amazing is that!!! It fits like a glove, I wonder if they do it in any other colours?

Not gonna lie, I took inspiration from the following celebs in the planning stages of my outfit LOL but I didn't coin the term "porange" in fact it was my friend Hannah who first introduced me to the term!

From L-R: Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba, Nicole Scherzinger

We'll just swiftly ignore the most infamous porange rocker now, shall we? FYI it's Cheryl Cole at the X Factor USA auditions. Oh dear girl.

I love this trend but I don't think it's something you can wear more than once really, it's a bit "samey" but I am LOVING colour blocking at the mo, give me colours and I will clash them lol, just think it's a really bold, summery trend :) Know what I mean?
NAILS

I stuck with my trusty Nails Inc nail colour in Candy Orange. It was the orange that best matched my skirt colour, can't be having too much clashing in one outfit now, can we girls?

What do you think of colour blocking and "porange"? What summer trends are you loving at the mo?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

btw porange stands for purple-orange for those that hadn't worked that out yet, don't worry it took me a while too!
xo

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cute outfit, I really like the color blocking and think you put your look together better than the celebs and you can't beat that price either :)

    Nice post
    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dale, that's such a compliment! I definitely think you don't need to spend a lot to look good! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you look lovely :) you rock porange! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey gal, I like your blog. You look fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Corrie Thanks love, you always look amazing in your pics!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit, those colours work so well together.

    ReplyDelete