Thursday 30 June 2011

Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara review

Hey loves!

Mascara is an item of make-up I wear daily without fail (I look dead otherwise!) so I was delighted when this new Rimmel mascara landed on my doorstep recently.

It's their NEW Glam'Eyes Day 2 Night Mascara and it claims to "create 2 dramatically different lash looks, all with 1 amazing new system. The secret is the magic double cap!" Yep, that right, it features a one of a kind double cap, amaze!

Here's the lengthening wand:

  • Use this in the day for exceptionally defined, ultra-lengthened lashes.
  • Lashes are stretched to new distances!
and here's the volume wand:

  • Use this at night for up to 15X fuller lashes.
  • Thickens lashes with oversized volume without a clump in sight!
I love their Lash Accelerator mascara that I reviewed recently so I was really looking forward to trying this as well.

Here's my lashes before (no mascara):

and after using the length wand:

and after using the volume wand (on top of the length):
Face shot...

I'm going to be honest, I wasn't very pleased with this mascara at all! (can you tell from my face lol?) The length wand hardly did anything and the volume wand made my lashes clump together and looked really chavvy, you know what I mean? I'm sorry, Rimmel! I've given this mascara to my mum who actually quite likes it, who knows, maybe it's just not suited to my stumpy little lashes! UPDATE: She has found she doesn't like it either! :/

However on a side note, here's some of my favourite Rimmel products that I use regularly -
  • Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner (Brown for the day, Black for the night)
  • Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (read my review here - amazing product, amazing coverage)
  • Lycra Pro nail varnish (various shades - easy to apply, lovely and thick, last ages, great colour selection, available for 99p from Fragrance Direct - see blog post here)
  • Their lipsticks! Colour Show Off for bold, evening shades (I like Be Bold and Shake Up Pink) and Moisture Renew for summery, daytime shades (I like Summer Angel and Rose Bikini) :)
That's it for now! Have you tried the Day 2 Night Mascara? What are your fave Rimmel products?

Love,

Sophia

xo

3 comments:

  1. I keep passing this every time I go in Boots and it always catches my eye, maybe it's a sign that I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried it and like you, was very disappointed. Did nothing for me at all

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cherry No don't do it, save your money on something else, it's rubbish!!!

    @MUF We should've saved our pennies huh!

    xo

    ReplyDelete