Monday 4 June 2012

Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser and Gentle Eye Make-up Remover review

Hey girlies!

Happy Bank Holiday Monday! I'm sure I'm not the only one who spent today at work (or the morning, at least) but I popped into town afterwards to get a feel for the Jubilee celebrations. Let's just say it was rather busy!

So today I'm going to talk about the products I'm using on my face at the moment, namely from Superdrug's Vitamin E Skincare range. I've got their Hot Cloth Cleanser and Gentle Eye Make-up Remover, seen below:
I've been using these products for quite a few months now and I think I'm in a good position to write an accurate review. FYI I bought these products when they were on a 2 for £5 offer but I think they are quite fairly priced regardless! :-)

Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser RRP £5.99
 So first up is Superdrug's take on the popular hot cloth cleanser. For those of you who are new to the hot cloth cleanser trend, you basically rub the cleanser all over your face of an evening to remove your make-up and then use a warm muslin cloth to remove it. I know what you're thinking - how does it compare to its high end counterpart, Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish? Well I've tried both and I admit I don't find them that different! There's a couple of differences though:

1) The smell Superdrug Vitamin E smells more like shea/cocoa butter, whereas Liz Earle smells more like menthol/eucalyptus
2) The consistency Superdrug Vitamin E is really thick and quite gloopy, whereas Liz Earle is thinner and easier to apply
3) Removing eye make-up Superdrug Vitamin E doesn't remove as much eye make-up as Liz Earle does

I have to say I've been using the Superdrug Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser for many months now and I think it does do a good job. I actually prefer the smell of it to Liz Earle, and it does effectively removes my make-up. My skin's very oily and I don't find it adds to the oiliness. If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to Liz Earle or you're new to hot cloth cleansers I would definitely recommend this. However I think I've just grown out of using hot cloth cleansers in general. I don't like the way I have to spread all the make-up over my face before I remove it. I think I'm going to try a cleansing oil, like MAC, or a make-up removing cleansing balm, like LUSH or Botanics, in the future - but that's just my personal preference. 


 Superdrug Vitamin E Gentle Eye Make-up Remover RRP £2.99
 I bought this product as I was concerned that the Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser wouldn't remove all of my eye make-up, which it doesn't. Sometimes I remove all of my make-up with the hot cloth cleanser and then use this to wipe of the 'remnants' around my eyes lol or sometimes I use this first (when I'm wearing a lot of eye make-up) to make using the hot cloth cleanser more manageable afterwards. Again, it has the nice shea/cocoa butter smell that I like. I find this to be slightly thinner in consistency than the hot cloth cleanser. It does remove all my eye make-up nicely, but I think I'm going to try more of a liquid solution type formula in the future. The problem is that all of the eye make up removers I use have oil in them, which I hate! I tried the Chanel one and I loved that, so maybe I will save the pennies and buy that :-) As I said, this is just my personal preference, and if you like cream formulas then I think you will like this eye make-up remover cream.

What are you using to remove your make-up at the moment? Have you tried Superdrug's Vitamin E skincare range?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently using the Avon cloth cleanser and polish and I'm really loving it but it has been discontinued so I'm thinking of trying this product next time. Thanks for the review :)
    I'm now following you :)

    http://lovesmilesandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I would definitely recommend it!
    I'm still using it now!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post. You did a great job. Thank you for your valuable post.Also I suggest you to try these websites

    Beauty products online | Salon services at home

    ReplyDelete
  4. say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.

    best face mask for glowing skin Multan

    ReplyDelete