Sunday 24 June 2012

Bargain of the Week: 3 for 2 on Barry M Nail Paints at Superdrug - Matt White, Acid Yellow, Indigo

Hey ladies!

I don't know about you lot but the football is making me VERY stressed lol - what better way to distract myself than with blogging, of course? Haha!

I made full use of Superdrug's 3 for 2 offer on make-up recently. I picked up some make-up (which will feature in an up and coming blog post) but I also purchased some Barry M nail paints, as well. Here they are :-
 From L-R: Matt White, Acid Yellow, Indigo

I have a million nail polishes (no... really) but surprisingly, I don't have any remotely similar to the three I purchased, above.

Here they are with flash:
 Same order as above.

I immediately tested them out, and found they were almost exactly as they appeared on the bottle. 
From L-R: White, Acid Yellow, Indigo

  • Matt White - This is a shade I know I will get a lot of use out of, as I don't own a plain white shade in my nail polish collection. I personally think glossy white nails look lovely with a tan - something I will have to develop! This shade will also be ideal for using in french manicures, etc. 
  • Acid Yellow - I tend not to follow trends when it comes to nail colours as I know what suits me and I buy lots of similar shades (reds, corals, oranges, etc). However, I've seen this acid yellow/green shade all over the catwalk and high street recently and I couldn't resist sporting such an on-trend shade on my talons.
  • Indigo - I discovered I didn't have a shade like this in my collection when I went to paint my nails for the Jubilee. I found that I didn't own a 'royal blue' shade and so this true, indigo blue fitted the bill perfectly. I own a similar shade in the form of No7 Speed Dry in Violetta, but that's much more purple-toned than this.
In terms of application, they're all lovely and creamy and need just 2 coats for full opacity. They aren't naturally glossy so they do need a glossy top coat to finish them off. I haven't worn them for long enough to comment on longevity but I'll keep you posted when I do :-)

You can buy Barry M Nail Paints from the Barry M website or the Barry M stand at Boots or Superdrug.

Have you bought any Barry M Nail Paints recently? Or did you make use of Superdrug's latest 3 for 2 offer? Let me know!

Lotsa love,

Sophia

xo

3 comments:

  1. I love Barry M's Indingo! Its one of my favourite blues :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I love those colors :)
    Indigo is my favorite because it will be the perfect combo with my blue hair!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Linzi Louisa It's starting to become one of my favourites, too :-D

    @Gracie/Daphne Haha yes that is a good combo! :-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete