Wednesday 30 May 2012

Weekend OOTN, FOTN and NOTN: Celeb Inspired New Look Tropical Bodycon Dress

Hey lovelies!

Happy hump day! Can you believe it's Wednesday already, we're nearly the weekend - hurrah!

Over the weekend, I went out with some of my girlfriends. We only hit a local bar but I saw it as an excuse to dress up :-)

Lately, with the sunny weather we've been having, I've been loving the tropical print look! Some of these celebs have been rocking the tropical print trend recently as well:
From L-R: Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas, Tulisa and Cheryl all rocking the tropical print trend

For me, tropical print evokes memories of summers spent by the sea, lazing around, sipping cocktails and watching the sun go down. I had a nose around my local New Look, and spotted this tropical print dress for a bargain £6!


OOTN:
Tropical bodycon dress - New Look (link!)
Nude patent clutch - New Look (similar style on ASOS here)
Nude patent heels - Barratts (link!)
Earrings - Primark
Rose gold watch - ASOS (now O/S)

Excuse the awkward pose! I have to say I felt like I brought the sunny weather along with me that evening, haha!

FOTN:

FACE: Benefit That Gal brightening face primer, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat #1, Benefit Boi-ing Concealer #2, Benefit Some Kind-a Gorgeous Foundation Faker #2, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light, Benefit Dallas Bronzer, Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator 02 Peach. 

EYES: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original), Sleek Storm Palette - Taupe all over lid, Brown on outer corners, Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Black along top lid and lower waterline, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara in Black. Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes brown eyeshadow on brows, set in place using clear gel from Ruby & Millie Brow Enhance.

LIPS: The Body Shop cocoa lip balm to prime, Sleek Pout Polish in Scandal.

I experimented with a new look with my make-up and used black khol eye liner along my top and bottom lid - I usually use liquid. I have to say I was really impressed with the longevity of the Avon gel eyeliner I used, but I think the black looks a little too harsh against my fair complexion. I sported a splash of red lip colour to match my tomato red nails.

I curled my hair using GHD Original Irons, and set it in place using L'Oreal Elnett Very Volume Supreme Hold hairspray. Hair accessories are from H&M.

NOTN:
 OPI Swiss Collection - Color So Hot It Berns (see blog post)

I used my trusty OPI shade as I just know it will last without chipping. I really want to get some more OPI shades, although I've got my eye on a few from Essie and Models Own, too! Watch this space :-)

What did you wear over the weekend? Will you be rocking the tropical print trend, too?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

4 comments:

  1. I love the look. And I have to say, I don't think the liner looks too harsh on you at all. You've applied it quite finely and it just makes your eyes pop. Certainly from a distance :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! Love the dress
    Fergie looks gorges too in her tropical print dress

    Over on my blog I am having a Mac lipstick Give away:

    http://lolainthelounge.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/mac-lipstick-give-away.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh hi Lola, just seen your comment :-)

    Thank you hun! Checking out your blog now xxx

    ReplyDelete