Saturday 5 May 2012

Clarins Beauty Flash Balm and Hand and Nail Treatment Cream reviews and FOTD

Hey loves!

I hope you've all had a super Saturday! I've been catching up with my fave fashion/beauty blogs which has inspired me :-D

Recently I started using this cute little Clarins gift set, that contained a miniature Beauty Flash Balm and Hand & Nail Treatment. Having heard such rave reviews about the Beauty Flash Balm apparently, I couldn't wait to try it for myself!

Beauty Flash Balm
Photobucket
So first up is the mini Beauty Flash Balm which is loved by beauty editors the world over! It's been a beauty bestseller for over 20 years and claims to instantly give skin a fresh and radiant glow, brightening the face and tightening features.

Here's the Beauty Flash Balm below:
(left without flash, right with flash)

As you can see, the Beauty Flash Balm is a nude coloured liquid that blends out to an almost gel like consistency. The packaging suggests using the Beauty Flash Balm in 2 different ways; applying a thin layer just before make-up, or applying a thicker layer and leaving it on for 10-15 mins.

I have to say, I was rather underwhelmed with this product. I suppose my expectations were high, but I was expecting that 'lit from within' look that everyone craves and it just didn't cut it for me. I tried applying a thin layer first, but didn't notice much difference, so then I applied a thicker layer and leaving it on for much longer. The only way I haven't tried is leaving it on overnight - I'll see if that makes any difference!

3/5

Hand and Nail Treatment Cream
Next up is the Hand and Nail Treatment Cream, which I couldn't wait to try as I love to give my hands a good pamper! It claims to moisturise, revitalize and soften hands, whilst protecting against external aggressions.

Here's the Hand and Nail Treatment Cream below:
(left without flash, right with flash)

As you can see, it's a thin white liquid (standard for a hand cream then!) and blends out into a thin consistency. I used this when I was preparing my hands for nail colour, or when I felt my hands just needed a bit of TLC.

I'm going to be honest again and say this product wasn't that great either! :-( I mean it did the job and moisturised my hands well, it was just nothing special. Normally I use the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Hand Cream which I absolutely adore (I love the smell!) or the Palmers Olive Oil Hand Cream if I want something a little richer, and the Clarins Hand Cream did little much else to be honest. It had an unpleasant smell. I will vouch for the fact that it settled in very quickly though.

3/5

Here's today's FOTD using the Beauty Flash Balm as primer:
Photobucket

FACE: Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as primer, Estee Lauder Doublewear Concealer, Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (02 Medium), Estee Lauder Doublewear Light (applied with ELF Stippling Brush), NARS Laguna Bronzer (applied with ELF Stippling Brush). MAC Fix+ to finish.

EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original), Sleek Storm Palette (taupe and matte brown shades), Soap and Glory SUPERCAT Carbon Black Felt Tip Liner on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick on lower waterline, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara. MAC Dirty Blonde Eyebrow Pencil.

LIPS: Sleek Pout Polish in Sugar May.

Overall I was quite disappointed with these Clarins products. Having said that, I will try and use the Beauty Flash Balm and see how I get on, and I will continue to keep the Hand & Nail Cream in my handbag as it's a nice, convenient size.

Have you tried Clarins Beauty Flash Balm or Hand & Nail Cream Treatment? What were your thoughts?

Let me know!

Love,

Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about Beauty Flash Balm,I tried it and it didn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm gutted :-( I keep trying different ways to use it, but it's just not happening!! Let me know if you find a replacement hun xxx

    ReplyDelete