Tuesday 22 May 2012

Bargain of the Week: Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Gloss for £4.99 in TK Maxx and FOTD

Hey loves!

How are you? OMG how sunny was it today! I was not expecting that at ALL - I loved it! :-)

So last week, I picked up an absolute BARGAIN in TK Maxx! I do tend to pop in there occasionally and I find some amazing beauty bargains. This time, I picked up Elizabeth Arden's High Shine Lip Gloss in Honey Glaze...
The best part about it? The lipgloss usually retails for £14.00 but it was reduced to just £4.99 in TK Maxx! I paid for it with my change - I was amazed!!! It was brand new in its packaging as well (I checked!)


TK Maxx had a selection of Elizabeth Arden Lip Glosses on offer when I went in. I swatched a few of them on my hand and did a quick Google Images swatch search on my iPhone, before I decided on this summery sounding shade, 06 Honey Glaze:

I'm so pleased with my choice! Firstly, I absolutely love the Elizabeth Arden packaging. It's so opulent looking - I love the gold edging and writing. I just love the thought of carrying an expensive lipgloss around with me in my handbag - it makes me feel rather posh!

Next, the lipgloss features your standard doe foot applicator. This for me is my personal favourite. It's just so easy to apply!


I would describe the shade Honey Glaze as a dazzling apricot. Here's some swatches:
(left without flash, right with flash)

Without flash, it looks like a sheer nude, but as you can see from the image with flash, it features quite a lot of shimmer and is more peachy in colour.

There were a couple of other lipglosses in my collection that I felt bore a striking resemblance to my new Elizabeth Arden lipgloss. They are...

From L-R: Avon Plump Pout Lipgloss in Pink Nectar; Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lipgloss in Honey Glaze (what I bought); Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Nude Lustre

Funnily enough, they all look very similar in the packaging, but when I swatched them I found that they were actually more different than I thought!

Lipgloss comparison swatches:
(left without flash, right with flash)

From top to bottom:
Avon Plump Pout Lipgloss in Pink Nectar
Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Gloss in Honey Glaze
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Nude Lustre

As you can see, the Elizabeth Arden lipgloss that I picked up looks so much more shimmery than the others! The Avon lipgloss has more pinky tones to it whereas the Revlon lipgloss looks like a dark peachy nude. I would stand by my description of the Elizabeth Arden lipgloss as a dazzling apricot!

Before and after lip shots:
(left without flash, right with flash)

Looking at the lip swatches here, the Elizabeth Arden lipgloss looks very sheer and natural looking. I have to say though, in real life, it's more opaque and the glitter is more apparent. You can also see the peachy/apricot colour more, as well!

FOTD ft Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lipgloss:

FACE: MAC Fix+ to prime, Estee Lauder Doublewear Flawless Wear Concealer Light, Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation (applied with ELF Stippling Brush), Benefit Hoola Bronzer (applied with ELF Stippling Brush), MAC Fix+ to finish.

EYES: Urban Decay Primer Potion, Sleek Storm Palette (taupe and brown shades), Soap and Glory SUPERCAT Carbon Black felt tip liner on top lid, Avon Color Trend Kajal Stick on lower waterline, CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Mascara.

LIPS: Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lip Gloss in 06 Honey Glaze.

Overall, I am pretty impressed with my Bargain of the Week! Elizabeth Arden for under £5 is an offer that shouldn't be missed and I'm pleased I picked it up. I have since found that I have nothing similar in my collection which is a plus! However, I do think it would look 10x better with a tan! :-)

What's your Bargain of the Week? Have you picked anything up from TK Maxx recently?

Let me know in the comments!

Love,

Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. such a bargain, a gorgeous shade too!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie! Yeah I know, it's amazing!!! :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete