Wednesday 23 May 2012

NOTD: Kardashian Kolor for Nicole by OPI Spring Collection - Paparazzi Don't Preach

Good evening guys!

I hope you're nice and chilled after this scorching day today :-) I also hope you enjoyed my Bargain of the Week ft. Elizabeth Arden that I did yesterday!

OK so recently my bf's parentals visited the States and (amongst many other things) there was ONE thing in particular on my list... A nail colour from the Kardashian Kolor for Nicole by OPI Spring Collection! Anyone that knows me will know that I am OBSESSED with the Kardashian/Jenner clan (in fact I've just been watching the Kardashians before I posted this lol) and I knew I had to get one of these from the US as they aren't available in the UK!

(pic from Kim Kardashian's blog)
The collection features 7 stunning shades that are perfect for spring/summer. You may remember that I blogged about one of the Kardashian Kolor Holiday Collection nail colours in the shade Kourt is Red-y for a Pedi back in February, which I loved! I just couldn't resist one more Kardashian Kolor. Shallow I know!


(pic from EnamelBlog)
Top row from L-R: Ladies in the Limelight; One Big Happy Fame-ily; Back to Reality... TV; Smile for the Glam-era 
Bottom row from L-R: Strike a Pose; Paparazzi Don't Preach; Smile for the Glam-era; Our Fuschia's Lookin' Bright




It was very difficult for me to choose which one to buy, as upon first inspection I wanted them all! But after Googling some swatches, I learnt that a lot of them were shimmery and I hate shimmer in my nail colours! At first, I liked the look of Ladies in the Limelight but I figured I could get this cheaper somewhere else. I also liked Strike a Pose but I have loads of corals/pinks in my collection! Eventually, I settled for Paparazzi Don't Preach as it seemed like a wearable, creamy nude that I could imagine the whole Kardashian fam wearing!

The nail colour itself took 3 coats to reach full opacity. I was imagining the colour to be a milky nude, but it's actually a milky pink - more like the colour of Strawberry Mini Milk if that makes sense? 

I thought I had similar nude colours in my collection - here's what I found:
From L-R: Rimmel Lycra Pro in Beige Style, Kardashian Kolor in Paparazzi Don't Preach, ELF Nail Polish in Desert Haze

Actually, they're completely different! Kardashian Kolor is SO much more pinky than the rest! Rimmel is a true nude, whereas the ELF colour is more sand coloured and is also a nightmare to apply.

The good thing about the Kardashian Kolor is that it comes complete with a little Kardashian Kolor tag so you feel like you're getting a slice of Kardashian action!


As much as I love the fact that this is a Kardashian Kolor, the colour is actually more pink that I realised. I think that is going to be it for my Kardashian Kolor collection, I can't keep buying them as because they're affiliated with the Kardashians! 

Have you seen any of the Kardashian Kolor Spring Collection nail colours? Will you be picking one up when they launch in the UK?

Let me know in the comments!

Love,

Sophia

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment