Friday 21 August 2009

mySHOP. what i've been buying this week :)

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while :) So this week I haven't gone on any mad shopping trips but I have bought some new toiletries and received a few presents!

Here are my new sunglasses that my friend Emily bought for me as a belated bday prez!(I chose them. They've got a tortoise shell rim and being oversized will be fab for those days when you just can't be bothered with eye make-up!(Secret of the stars haha)


Sunglasses - Topshop - £15
Ok next was a gift from my lovely bf from all the way in the US! They're a pair of studded brown leather flip-flops from American chain, Forever 21. You can't get them in England, sorryyy!:( But I LOVE them. ps. I asked him to get them for me :)


Studded flip flops - $14.80 - Forever 21

OK that's all I've bought fashion wise this week (VERY broke lol) but I have bought a few beauty bits recently;


(clockwise from left)(all products available in Boots/Superdrug)

Benefit The Gloss in Crystal - RRP £9.00. I use this lipgloss for going out as it is just sooo glossy and lasts ages! I prefer the clear, crystal shade as it goes with everything.

L'Oreal Elvive Nourish & Shimmer Intensive Masque 200ml - RRP £3.91. This conditioner is amazing to use on top of normal shampoo+conditioner if you have blonde/highlighted hair as it really makes the blonde glisten and stand out!

Vent Brush - 99p from Wilko's. I blow-dry my hair with this brush to get volume (particularly at the roots). I use it with the two 24 HOUR BODY products listed below :)

TRESemme 24 Hour Body Amplifying Mousse 225ml
- RRP £5.28. Ok I've been looking for a volumising mousse for ages to use when I curl my hair and want it to look HUGE! This is a great product for giving your hair volume but it makes it a bit frizzy so some serum may be necessary! (I use The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum which smells lovely and fruity..oh and it works for taming hair, too!)

TRESemme 24 Hour Body Root Boosting Spray 250ml
- RRP £5.28. I use this product for going out when I want my roots looking voluminous (basically when I want Cheryl Cole looking hair!). It looks very 50's and the product does work when used with the 99p vent brush! I would definitely recommend the two TRESemme 24 Hour Body products for huge hair at a high street price, but for those with a bit more money I would suggest using the TIGI Root Boot Spray available from many hairdressers including Studio 2 in Horsham :)

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Colour Insurance Spray - RRP £3.91 but you can get it for £1 in Poundland (while stocks last!) I am generally a HUGE fan of Aussie products as they smell lush and they are very reliable, but I use this product as a detangler. This particular product is for colour-treated hair (I have blonde highlights) but they do a similar product for non colour-treated hair (Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-in Conditioner) which works just the same but has a different scent!

and finally... Sally Hansen Maximum Growth (RRP £4.16) is brilliant for when you have bitten all your nails off and need them to grow back quickly! You're supposed to use it for 10 days but I use it whenever I remember (as a base&top coat) and makes your nails strong and healthy!

Ok so that's it for now guys, I hope you have found this blog helpful! I'll let you know when I buy more products, but ta ta for now!

Love,
Style by Sophia

2 comments:

  1. OOOOO Sophia I LOVE these flippy floppys!
    I'm going to California on this tuesday so I'll def be making a trip to forever21 with these babies in the front of my mind!

    If you want me to bring you anything back let me know.

    Great blog so far, keep it up ;)

    Alana xx
    (Not Jasmin as it says above, but Alana lol)

    ReplyDelete