Wednesday 24 October 2012

Top 10 September beauty favourites

Hey ladies!
I hope you've all had a great day :-)
Today I will be writing my first 'favourites' post, so here's what I was loving in September...
(In no particular order)
 

1) OPI Original Nail Envy

I blogged about this product when I bought it last year, and I haven't stopped using it since. I use it as a base coat, simply applying a thin layer to my nails before I paint them. It dries so quickly and is so effective at making nail colours last. I must've re-purchased this about five times!

2) MAC Fix+

I'm absolutely ADDICTED to this! I've used it for about 18 months since I bought it in a haul at Westfield and I have a travel sized version which I keep in my handbag and a full sized version which I keep at home. I know some bloggers have a love/hate relationship with Fix+, and I admit I was a bit sceptical at first, but I use it every time I apply make-up now and I couldn't be without it. I spritz it on my face to moisten my skin before I put my make-up on, I use it to set my make-up, I use it to refresh my skin, I spray a little on an old mascara wand and use it to tame my eyebrows - sometimes I even use it on my hair!

3) Johnson's Baby Skincare Wipes

These are an absolute essential for me. They're not wet enough to remove make-up sadly but they're fab for a quick refresh. I get mine from Poundland and they're just something I will always re-puchase and have used loads this month.

4) E.L.F. Studio Stipple Brush

I bought this in my first ELF haul a couple of years ago, but I've recently found a new use for it. After I've applied foundation with my fingers - normally Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect, below - I spritz a little Fix+ on this brush and use it to blend my foundation in, and I find it leaves my skin with a really dewy, refreshed look. It's such a bargain for just a couple of quid as well.

5) NARS Blush & Bronzer Trio in Orgasm, Laguna and Albatross

I've had this for a couple of months, after my other half treated me to it from Selfridges, and again it's something I've used pretty much every day without fail since then. It's just so bloomin' handy - it's got three best-selling, flattering shades in one handy palette, and a mirror! I start by brushing Laguna (right) on my cheekbones with an ELF Studio Complexion Brush, then add a little Orgasm (left) to the apples of my cheeks with Cosmopolitan's Blush brush, before adding Albatross (center) to my nose, upper cheek and brow bone. It's worth every penny in my opinion.

6) L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

You might remember that I posted about this on my Instagram account last month, after I got it free with Marie Claire. Well it's not the first time I've used this and trust me when I tell you it won't be the last! It smells delicious, absorbs quickly and leaves my hands feeling soft and silky. I can definitely say it lives up to the hype - and the travel size version is perfect for keeping by your desk at work.

7) Avon Planet Spa Dead Sea Minerals Facial Mud Mask

I've long been a loyal Avon fan and this face mask from its Planet Spa range is something I've turned to a lot this month. My skin reacts really well to mud masks as they absorb the excess oil, and I find this one in particular leaves my face feeling like all the rubbish has been drawn out from my skin and it leaves it feeling really lovely, like it's had a proper cleanse. I would recommend this to those with oily skin, without a doubt.

8) HD Brows Palette in Vamp

I recently got my brows done at the HD Brow Bar in Harley Street, and I've been using this kit to maintain them. Now one thing I would say is that the shade I have, Vamp, is slightly too dark for my complexion. But, even saying that, I've been using this a lot this month. I use a MAC 188 angled brush to apply the product (usually bottom left as bottom right is too reddy) and outline my brows and then fill them in. I set them with a little Fix+ sprayed onto an old mascara wand and I use them as eyeshadows too. They're just some of the best quality I have ever come across, they're so pigmented you only need a tiny bit and the colour lasts all day. The palette is quite expensive but it's worth it in my opinion.

9) Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie

I reviewed this recently on my blog, and I've been using it a lot since then. It's perfect for a glossy, on-trend plum lip, that's also really soft and moisturising. I like to wear it when I want a pop of colour, and do you know the best bit? You don't need a mirror! It lasts a good couple of hours before you need to re-apply as well. I would definitely recommend buying one of these for autumn :-)

10) Bourjois 10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation in 52 Rose Clair

Finally, I've been using this foundation almost every day in September. I apply it with my fingers and blend it with Fix+ sprayed onto an ELF Stipple Brush, and it just leaves my skin with a fresh, dewy finish which I love. It's a medium coverage foundation that still needs a little concealer for blemishes, but I'm really happy with it and it's never left me with dodgy looking skin since I bought it a few years ago.
Let me know what you think of my first ever favourites post, and link me to your favourites posts as I love reading them!

What's been your favourite beauty product this month?

Love,
Sophia
xo



 

1 comment:

  1. Love your Sept faves! :) I esp love the Loccitane hand butter!:)

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete