Wednesday 31 October 2012

September empties: Avon, Sanctuary, Lush, Botanics, L'Oreal, Dove, Moroccanoil

Hey loves :-)

I hope you're having a great day - and Hallowe'en!

As we're nearing the end of the month, I figured it's about time I do my September empties. Haha! Here's what I used up last month...


Skincare:
  • Superdrug 100% Cotton Double Faced Pads - I use these on a daily basis, from removing my nail polish to applying cleanser/toner. I have to use the double faced ones as the others are too thin and just fall apart! 
  • Avon Clearskin Blackhead Clearing Daily Astrigent - This is a really strong, alcoholic toner that removes all the dirt and grime from your skin. It does skin a little, but it's just so effective - I've already ordered another bottle!
  • Avon Clearskin Professional Clarifying Toner Pads - Another Avon favourite, these are so handy for toning your skin after you've washed it. They're very mild, so the astrigent (above) is better for problem skin.
  • Freederm Gel - This is the best spot cream on the market, hands down! It stings when you apply it, but to me that's a sign that it's working. I've already got another tube ready for any breakouts! 
  • Sanctuary Spa Fresh Faced Purifying Wash - I got this as part of a gift set in the January sales a couple of years back, but I've only got around to using it. It's nice and mild, and smells lovely, so it's perfect for giving your face a good clean in the morning!
  • Superdrug Skin Rescue Illuminating Raspberry Face Mask - I used this face mask after I'd run my 10k and my skin needed a little pick me up. It looked amazing afterwards and it was so easy to use.
  • Lush Mask of Magnaminty Face and Back Pack - I picked this up in my Lush skincare haul and I was pretty impressed with it actually. It contains tiny beads that are ideal for gentle exfoliation, and it can be used on your body too. I didn't like the mint smell, though :-( 
  • Botanics All Bright Soothing Eye Make Up Remover - I've raved about this product before, even going so far as to call it 'The Eye Makeup Remover of all Eye Makeup Removers', but sadly the new product formulation just doesn't cut it. It's really greasy and just doesn't remove all my eye makeup like it used to. I'm gutted, because it used to be my HG eye makeup remover :-(

Body:
  • Johnson's Baby Skincare Wipes - As featured in my Top 10 September beauty favourites, these baby wipes are just bloody amazing and it's no wonder I've run out!
  • Sanex 0% Shower Gel - A lovely, sensitive shower gel that I would re-purchase again and again!
  • Sure Sensitive Maximum Protection Deodorant - I saw this deo doing the rounds on a couple of blogs recently, and I have to say I'm a total convert! It works brilliantly - you pop it on in the morning and it literally lasts all day. 

Hair:
  • L'Oreal Elnett Very Volume Supreme Hold Hairspray - I've probably said it on my blog hundreds of times, but this really is my HG mascara! I spray a tiny amount in my hair and it leaves it looking shiny and volumised - and it holds my hair in place all night. I've used it for years and I've always been so impressed with it, I've even got a mini one in my handbag!
  • Dove Intensive Repair Express Treatment Conditioner - I included the Colour Radiance version of this in my August empties post, and now I've used up another bottle! I just find these express conditioners so bloomin' handy, you only need to leave them on for a couple of minutes - after you've applied shampoo and conditioner - and it leaves your hair feeling so soft and silky. Would definitely recommend!
  • Leo Bancroft Ultimately Intense Deep Moisture Mask - Another amazing intensive conditioner, this one from Leo Bancroft smells lovely and you only need to leave it on for a couple of minutes as well. You can check out my full review of the range here.
  • Dove Colour Radiance Conditioner - I tested the Dove Colour Radiance range for work, and I was honestly really impressed with the whole range. Dove have really outdone themselves with their haircare range this year!
  • Moroccanoil Luminous Hold Hairspray - I received this mini hairspray as part of a bigger giftset for Christmas last year, and I've only just finished it this month! It's perfect for popping in your handbag to spritz on your hair throughout the day. It left my hair looking lovely and glistening. 

Dental:
  • Oral B Pulsar 40 Toothbrush - I swear by these toothbrushes, which are a hybrid of an electric and manual toothbrush, for brushing my gnashers! I always try and pick them up when they're on offer as they're quite expensive at £6 a pop - but worth every penny in my opinion.
  • Colgate Plax Whitening Antibacterial Mouthwash - I love the taste of this! It's got a really mild, minty taste (I don't like the taste of mint lol)
  • Pearl Drops Daily Whitening Mouthwash - A new addition on the market, I noticed my teeth looked whiter after using this. Love!
So there's the products I used up last month, let me know if you have any questions by dropping me a line over on Twitter :-)

What did you use up this month?

Love,

Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. I havent seen that Pearldrops mouthwash but I'll be looking out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is more products than I get through in a year! haha
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete