Sunday 21 October 2012

Benefit They're Real Mascara review, pics and FOTD: Is it worth buying?

Hey lovelies :-)

I hope you're having a great Thursday, nearly the weekend - yay!

Recently, I bought Benefit's They're Real mascara on Buyapowa. I don't know about you guys, but I'm always checking Buyapowa for potential beauty bargains and a couple of months ago spotted this mascara on offer. Being the UK's best selling mascara and all, I simply had to find out what all the fuss was about ;-)
They're Real claims to lengthen, curl, volumise, lift and separate lashes. Who doesn't like the sound of that?! The brush is specially designed with bristles at the end so that you can get right into the corner of your lashes.

The brush is really simple to use and thinner im width than Benefit's Bad Gal mascara, which I also own - and love!

I simply applied 2 coats of They're Real, with no other eye make-up, and look what a difference it made to my lashes...

Before applying Benefit They're Real Mascara:
After applying Benefit They're Real Mascara:
As you can see, They're Real made a HUGE difference to my lashes! They are practically non-existent in the 'before' picture, and afterwards they look really long, curled and defined. It doesn't make them look as volumised as I'd have hoped, but then that's more what Bad Gal is designed for - which is currently on offer on Buyapowa.

They're Real doesn't leave you with flaky bits of mascara under your eye and it comes off easily with make up wipes. I've used it pretty much every day for 1-2 months and I can definitely say it lives up to the hype!

It's available for £18.50 on the Benefit website, but definitely check out websites such as Buyapowa and you may get it cheaper, like I did :)


FOTD featuring They're Real mascara:
FACE: MAC Fix+, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat #1, MAC Studio Finish Concealer, Stila Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser (applied with Cosmopolitan Blend Perfection Sponge), MAC Blush in Harmony, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Center of the Universe (both applied with MAC 129 Brush).

EYES: MAC Painterly Paint Pot, Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eyeliner in Brown, No7 Exceptional Eyes Eyeliner in Brown, Benefit They're Real Mascara.

EYEBROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Dirty Blonde.

LIPS: MAC Cremesheen Glass in Meteoric.

Have you tried They're Real? Is it your new HG mascara?

Love,

Sophia

xo




2 comments:

  1. I loveeee this mascara! :D

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too hun! Just checking out your blog now :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete