Sunday 30 January 2011

Review: TRESemmé Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo

Hey guys!

I've always been a firm believer in 'you get what you pay for'... until now. Enter TRESemmé's new Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo for Normal to Oily Hair.


I'd seen this new product advertised in various magazines over the past couple of months, coupled with the foam shampoo for finer hair, but I opted for this one for my thicker hair, instead. I waltzed into Superdrug on the hunt for this new dry shampoo, to find it was priced at around £5. Now I'd never had a problem with my trusty Batiste dry shampoo in the past, priced at around £2, but I thought no, I'm going to trust the adverts and splash out a bit more for this *quality* new dry shampoo!

How wrong I was.

This dry shampoo is awful.

I would literally rather leave my hair greasy than use this, and that's saying something. It's not often I buy something I really, truly hate but I could not NOT recommend this enough. In fact, I've already bought a new bottle of Batiste ready for the day this one runs out. Which I hope will be very, very soon...

What do you think? What's your experience with the new TRESemmé dry shampoo?

Leave me a comment or, of course, ask me an anonymous question on Formspring at http://www.formspring.me/smoir :)

Big love,

Style by Sophia

xo

UPDATE: Having spoken to representatives from TRESemmé, I would like to clarify that my dissatisfaction with the brand is an isolated incident and I am otherwise largely impressed by the TRESemmé haircare range. Thanks :)

6 comments:

  1. Omg thank you, i bought this when it first came out aswell and it is truely the worst product ive ever tried! Seriously what were they thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Do you use Batiste now?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes ive always used Batiste its great, but i find theres not much in the bottles!! They dont last as long as id like them to!! How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I completely agree! They do run out really quickly! Luckily they're not too expensive :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried this once and it was alright.

    What I really like are the Salon Grafix dry shampoos.

    Thanks for the review, I am your newest follower!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely be trying them! I won't be going back to this any time soon...

    Sophia
    xo

    ReplyDelete