Sunday 30 January 2011

My First Ever Nars Haul

Hey bloggers!

I was a bit naughty in the New Year and made a teensy make-up splurge. I'd been working hard over Christmas and saving my money to buy something really special. Having read beauty blogs pretty much daily for the past year or so, I knew what the cult products were out there and the brands that are on everyone's lips are always Mac and Nars. I've never bought anything from either! But, I had a look on the Nars website and they was offering free delivery and a variety of holiday gift sets.

Here's what I bought:


Wowzers. Uber chic posh black packaging emblazoned with the Nars logo. Love.


(Left: Blusher in Orgasm, Right: Bronzer in Laguna)

I had absolutely no hesitation in choosing this blush/bronze duo. Nars Orgasm blush is one of the most talked-about beauty products EVER. It's described on the website as a 'peachy pink with shimmer' blush and that's exactly what it is. It gives the apples of your cheeks a lovely, pretty glow (I apply it with my Avon angled brush!). Laguna is a shade I'd read about a million times of one of my fave blogs, Bubblegarm. Muhsine is a beauty and always seem to use Laguna in her FOTD's. She describes it as very similar to Benefit's Hoola, which is what I tend to wear during the day to give me a natural, bronzed look so I had no qualms in opting for it as the bronzing part of my duo. I would say it's slightly lighter than Hoola but I love it nonetheless. The two shades in the duo compliment each other perfectly. I have no regrets in buying it!


The infamous Nars multiple in a set of three minis. Each mini multiple is about 2 inches high and slips perfectly into your handbag.


(From L-R: South Beach, Orgasm, Copacabana)

I fell in love with this Mini Multiple set instantaneously. They can be worn on your lips, cheeks, eyelids, etc to accent and highlight. It's a creamy texture but glides onto your skin so effortlessly, like a powder. South Beach is described as a 'shimmering apricot' but it's more of a light, golden bronze. I love to use it on my cheeks as a golden highlighter! Orgasm is a multiple version of the famous blusher, so a 'peachy pink with shimmer' and Copacabana is described as 'glistening pearl.' It reminds me a lot of Benefit Moon Beam, and I use it just on my temples and upper cheek to highlight. South Beach is definitely my fave so far, but I won't be buying any more expensive make-up anytime soon, that's for sure!

What do you think of my first Nars purchases? Do you think I was right to splurge?

Don't be afraid to leave your comments :)

Lots of love,

Style by Sophia

xo

2 comments:

  1. Nice purchases, good quality.:D

    Enjoy your new goodies.;D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes definitely - I've really been enjoying the bronzer/blusher duo as it's so compact & easy to take around!

    I'm following your blog now - it's amazing!!! So fun to read :)

    Sophia

    xo

    ReplyDelete