Friday 17 September 2010

Summer Holiday Style

This year, I holidayed with 7 girlfriends to the sunny resort of Gumbet in Turkey. I had a lovely week lazing by the pool each day, reading The Twilight Saga: New Moon, eating out at delicious Turkish restaurants in the evening and hitting a few bars at night. But what did I wear?

OUTFITS

Day 1

Out to dinner, I wore...

Purple maxi dress - Dorothy Perkins
Straw sequin clutch - Primark
Gold pendant - Next
Gold chandelier earrings - a gift
Gold bangles - Primark

At night, I wore...



Yellow vest - Topshop
Denim cut-offs - Topshop

Day 2

For dinner, and drinks in the apartment, I wore...

Floral playsuit - Next
White sandals - Primark
Cream studded clutch - Accessorize
Cream waist belt - ASOS
Disc earrings - New Look

Day 3

Out to dinner, I wore...

Shirred bust maxi dress - George at Asda

Gold disc earrings - Freedom at Topshop



To the bars, I wore...

White vest - Topshop
Khaki shorts - New Look
Gold disc earrings - Topshop

Day 4

For dinner, I wore...



White broderie anglaise maxi skirt - Topshop

Black vest - H&M

Tan plaited belt - H&M

Tan gladiator sandals (just seen) - George at Asda

Gold leaf earrings (just seen) - Freedom at Topshop

Gold bangle - Primark



For dancing and drinks in Gumbet, I wore...


Burnt orange tunic - Primark
Tan plaited belt - H&M
Straw sequin clutch - Primark
Tan gladiator sandals - George at Asda
Gold leaf earrings - Freedom at Topshop
Bangles - Primark

Day 5

For cocktails at a beach front bar, I wore...



Black maxi dress - Dorothy Perkins

Gold necklace - Next

God wicker clutch - H&M

Gold bangle - Primark
Gold chandelier earrings - a gift

Day 6

For our final meal in Gumbet, I wore...


Maxi dress - George at Asda
Gold wicker clutch - H&M
Earrings - a gift
Gold bangles - Primark

For our final night out in Gumbet, I wore...

Khaki military skirt - Topshop
White vest - H&M
Gold wicker clutch - H&M
Gold chandelier earrings - a gift
Tan gladiator sandals - George at Asda
Gold bangles - Primark (obviously!)

HAIR & MAKE-UP

Hair

I kept my hair quite simple and tended to straighten or curl it with my GHDs, as below. I would add a french plait or a quiff to keep my fringe out of my face or pin it back to form a bun.


I used...

Tigi Rockaholic sulphate-free shampoo and conditioner
L'oreal Nutri-Gloss intensive conditioning masque
Aussie Miracle Hair Insurance Leave-In Conditioner (see previous blog post)
Avon Advanced Techniques Lotus Shield
L'oreal Elnett Satin Very Volume Supreme Hold Hairspray to finish

Make-up

I like to keep my make-up light on holiday as it just melts off otherwise, and besides, the sun did wonders for my skin so I didn't require that much coverage! Also, we had minimal baggage allowance so I couldn't bring my entire make-up stash and just used the same products daily.

I used...

Benefit That Gal brightening face primer
Benefit Some Kind-a Gorgeous foundation faker (original)
Benefit Boi-ing concealer (o2 medium)
Benefit Dallas bronzer
Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator (02 Peach)
Shu Uemura eyelash curler
Avon Color Trend double-ended kajal stick (brown & black) (eyebrows as well)
Maxfactor Masterpiece MAX mascara (black) (1st coat)
Benefit Bad Gal mascara (black) (2nd coat)
Sleek Eyeshadow Palette (Storm)
Avon Plump Pout Lip Gloss (Pink nectar)

Except when I added...


Rimmel 1000 Kisses lipliner in 021 Red Dynamite + Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick in Be Bold

and also...


Eyelure Naturalites Eyelashes (Volume Plus 101)

Nails


I started with Rimmel 60 Seconds nail polish in 825 Sky High on my fingers and toes - You can't quite tell in the picture but it's a bright, pure turquoise. But, by mid-week it had faded to a horrid murky blue so I painted them all white to compliment my new tan!

I used White from Avon's Nail Experts French Manicure Kit and whilst it did require 2 coats, it dried opaque eventually.

IN THE DAY

Make-Up

I didn't wear make-up in the day except for some Vaseline with SPF. I did wear waterproof mascara once (Avon's Superfull mascara) but it was such a mission trying to get it off that I opted for sunnies instead!

Accessories

I tied my hair up into a top bun most days and kept it in place with a chic hairband, like the pink rose one below from New Look.

Sunglasses wise, I swapped between my Mango Tortoiseshell Plastic Aviators...

and my Topshop Mirrored Aviators...


though I preferred the plastic pair as I found they were more sturdy for playing in the pool!

Bikinis


(Clockwise from L-R)

Black ruffles bikini top - La Senza; Black bottoms - F&F at Tesco
Black bandeau bikini top - Next; Black bottoms - Warehouse
Green bandeau bikini top & bottoms - George at Asda (£2 each - bargain!)
Red halter bikini top - La Senza; Red bottoms - Topshop

I think that concludes this little, or should I say rather large, blog post. I hope I've shown you that you can look stylish on holiday on a budget :) and that there are bikinis out there for bigger busted girls!

Love,

Style by Sophia

x


2 comments:

  1. Great outfits and I like your make up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love!

    Following your blog :)

    Style by Sophia

    x

    ReplyDelete