Friday 17 September 2010

Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara: First Impressions

Recently I was approached by Rimmel about becoming a VIP for the company, which means I'm lucky enough to get sent Rimmel products to test, write reviews, attend blog events etc! I was chuffed because I'm a huge fan of the brand already; I swear by their Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner, Hide The Blemish Concealer and their LYCRA pro/ 60 Seconds Nail Polish to name but a few!

The first item I was sent to review was their NEW Lash Accelerator Mascara in 001 Black. I was psyched! I'm kind of obsessed with making my pathetic lashes look longer and my eyes bigger.


My lovely little Rimmel parcel!

Swish, elegant packaging...

Curved brush with large bristles.

Here's what it says on the box: "A mascara and lash treatment in one that promotes natural lash growth for beautifully long and remarkably strong lashes - naturally. Lashes look up to 80% longer instantly and 117% longer after 30 days."

Sounds too good to be true! It wouldn't be the first lash serum I've used - I've tried L'oreals Double Extension Renewal Mascara (RRP £10.99) but I have to be honest and say it didn't work for me. Granted, the mascara end was fab at lengthening your lashes, but the serum did nothing for me and in the end it just went all gloopy and I had to throw the whole thing out! Fail. Other popular lash serums include the Boots sell-out RapidLash and the American LiLash which retails for around £100 and is reviewed by Muhsine on the popular Bubblegarm beauty blog.

So, here's what my lashes look like naturally:


Not a pretty sight, I know... I couldn't wait to start the lash-lengthening experiment!

Day 1
First impressions - As you can see my lashes look much longer than without any mascara on. They feel softer and appear fuller and elongated. So far, so good.

Day 2

I can't quite believe that my stumpy little lashes, as featured in the first picture, can look so long! It's a miracle!

Day 3



My lashes look so much longer than day 1! I'm really impressed - It's a fab mascara, great for lengthening and nourishment, but I have yet to notice a difference in my natural lash length. I'll carry on using it for 30 days and we'll have to wait and see...

Thanks, Rimmel!

Love,

Style by Sophia

x

2 comments:

  1. Hey, found your blog when Rimmel RT you on twitter! Heard such mixed reviews on this product, although more good than bad! Love the blog btw!

    Daisy :) x

    http://daisyloves01.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's definitely worth getting as a lengthening mascara but as I mentioned I'm yet to notice dramatic lash growth! I'd get it whilst it's on offer and see what you think :)

    Style by Sophia
    x

    ReplyDelete