Thursday 6 March 2014

February 2014 Empties: Clarins, Elemis, Urban Decay, Kerastase

Hi loves!
How's everyone doing? I hope everyone's as excited for spring - we're finally starting to see some sun, WOOP.
Here are the products I used up in Feb 2014...
Pretty much all of my empties were drugstore except the Kerastase oil which I've had for ages and the Clarins make-up remover which was a gift.
I'm completely skint since moving to London so you won't find as much high-end stuff on my blog these days!
Skincare:
Elemis Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash*
I seem to associate Elemis with pampering ever since I had an Elemis facial a couple of months back (bliss!). I think this was the first time I tried an Elemis product at home and I was really impressed with it, but the face wash in itself had tiny beads in it which I found were too harsh for daily use.
Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray
This is possibly one of my favourite beauty products of 2013! I was recommended this by a make-up artist backstage at Wireless festival who used it to refresh make-up on stars including Little Mix during the day. I bought it immediately and used it as the first and last step of my make-up routine. I've never looked back and am GUTTED it ran out!
Superdrug Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover
I picked this up on a whim because I ran out of my normal Simple one but I was actually really impressed with it considering it was only a few quid. It didn't sting my eyes at all - I'd definitely pick it up again.
Clarins Instant Eye Make-Up Remover
I received this as a gift so I can't say I invested in it myself, but I still would have bought it anyway! This is really AMAZING - it removes every trace of make-up and doesn't hurt my eyes at all. If you see this on offer or anything, I'd definitely invest it it.
Avene Cleanance Gel
I've reviewed this before and I am still a huge fan of it. My skin is oily/blemish-prone so the whole Avene Cleanance range is just perfect for me. I used this face wash twice a day and it didn't dry my skin out or make it oily - it was just perfect for giving it a good cleanse.
Haircare:
Schwarzkopf Gliss Liquid Silk Conditioner
I remember picking this up very last minute at the till in Superdrug and I didn't have super high hopes for it - it was just on offer at the time. It surpassed my expectations totally - my hair was always silky smooth after using it and I would definitely buy it again.
Garnier Fructis Colour Care Conditioner
I bought this in Poundland because I was out of conditioner at the time but I was really disappointed and wouldn't buy it again. It did absolutely nothing to my hair and it wasn't even worth the £1 I spent on it.
Kerastase Elixir Ultime
I know this is absolutely loved in the bloggersphere but I personally just didn't see the hype. Yes it left my hair feeling soft and silky but no more so than my V05 oil or Moroccanoil. I'd say save your pennies!
Other:
Vaseline Hand Cream and Anti-Bac 2 in 1
This was really handy for throwing in my handbag as it saved bringing multiple products! The only qualm I have with it is that I wish it was scented like a hand cream - a Vaseline Cocoa Butter 2 in 1 would be AMAZE.
What did you use up this month?
Love,
Sophia
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment