Sunday 23 February 2014

BAFTAs 2014 beauty: What I wore on the red carpet at the Royal Opera House in London

Hey loves!

I hope you are all well and having a great day!

On Sunday evening, I was lucky enough to head down to the BAFTAs at the Royal Opera House in London.

I was reporting from the red carpet for Yahoo Lifestyle and needed a beauty look that would last all evening in the freezing cold outside.

So here's my BAFTAs #FOTD...

Face: Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Perfecting Primer*, Dior Nude Nudeskin Foundation* applied with Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, YSL Touché Eclat, Barbara Daly Concealer, Soap and Glory Kick-Ass Powder* applied with an Avon Powder Brush, MAC Harmony Blush applied with MAC 129 Blush Brush, Benefit Cha Cha Tint, Bare Minerals Well Rested Eye and Face Brightener*, Urban Decay Vitamin B6 Spray.

Eyes: Benefit Stay Don't Stray primer, MAC Eyeshadow in Omega and Mystery applied with a Cosmopolitan Eyeshadow Brush, L'Oreal Super Slim Liner in Carbon Black, Benefit They're Real Mascara.

Eyebrows: MAC Eyeshadow in Omega applied with a MAC 189 Brush.

Lips: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Nude Lustre.

You couldn't really see what I was wearing as I was in a press area with other journalists and it was blimmin' freezing so I was wrapped up in a coat for most of the time! (See below)
In case you were wondering though, I was wearing a black skater dress with a statement necklace and earrings (borrowed from my friend Flo!) along with flat black pumps. No point wearing heels when you're on your feet all evening and no-one can see your shoes :)

The red carpet
I was actually really lucky with my red carpet spot - I was stood right next to the official photo area so I snapped quite a few of the celebs as they were waiting in the queue to be photographed!
Sadly, none of the celebs stopped to speak to me. In fact, Uma Thurman turned around after I called her name, turned her nose up at me and turned back around (!) but Amy Adams was nice enough to pose for a photo for me - what a babe.

Here are some of my photos from the BAFTAs 2014 red carpet...
Lupita Nyong'o
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

Bradley Cooper's bum (yes, really)
Prince William
Bradley Cooper and Chiwetel Ejiofor
More Brad and Ange
Leonardo Dicaprio
Sam Claflin and wife Laura Haddock
Amy Adams
Eddie Redmayne and his girlfriend Hannah Bagshawe

Tom Hanks taking a picture of wife Rita Wilson (not pictured)
Christoph Waltz
Christian Bale

I also saw a number of other celebrities including Lily Allen, Samantha Barks, Tom Hardy etc but those pictured were the biggest stars there.

Hopefully I get to go again next year as it was just an unbelievable experience!

Thanks again to Yahoo Lifestyle and BAFTA for the amazing opportunity.

Which was your favourite look on the BAFTAs red carpet?

Love,

Sophia

xo

 

1 comment: