Friday 5 April 2013

TK Maxx beauty haul: Orly, Essie, Eyelure, Dainty Doll, Yardley, Elizabeth Arden, TIGI

Hey loves!
I hope you're having a great day :-)
Now I don't know about you, but the beauty section in TKMaxx is one of my many weaknesses! I literally cannot step in there without picking something up. It's definitely that 'get it or regret it' mentality that takes over!
Here's what I've stocked up on in my past few visits...
Nails:

Essie No Chips Ahead Chip Free Top Coat - £5.99

I literally must have like a thousand top coats but you can never have too many, right? I'm quite new to the Essie bandwagon - I'm more of an OPI girl myself - but I look forward to trying this out and seeing if it helps maintain my nail colour.

Orly Mani Mini Lacquer Trio - RRP £15.00 NOW £3.00

What a bargain! £1 each for Orly nail polish - that's amazing! Here's the colours that came in the three pack:

From L-R: Orly Prelude to a kiss, Jealous, much? and Faint of Heart

The baby pink shade (far left) looks like the perfect French manicure colour, while the mint green (centre) is great for spring as pastels are really on-trend this season. The grey shade (far right) isn't one I'd normally choose but I reckon I'll wear it more in the winter.

Make-up:

Katy Perry for Eyelure Lashes in Pretty - RRP £5.95 NOW £2.99

I've always been a Katy Perry fan, but since watching her documentary film Katy Perry: Part of Me, my obsession with her has skyrocketed! I'm one of those people who buy products just because they're associated with a celeb - Kardashian Kolor being one example - so I literally bought these so I could have eyelashes like Katy Perry! We'll see if that works...

Dainty Doll make-up set - RRP £24.00 NOW £7.99

I've never tried Nicola Roberts' beauty range Dainty Doll before but being a pale person - NC15 in MAC, if you're interested - I was intrigued to test out this range. The three pack included:

Lipstick in 006 Baby Love, Eyeshadow Base in 001 Frankie Girl and Cream Blusher in 001 Paper Roses

I think I'll do a full review of these products but for now I will say I'm a little underwhelmed. The eyeshadow base was very dry and the cream blush was too sheer. The lipstick was quite nice though - very soft and creamy in a 'my lips but better' shade.

Face and body:

Yardley London Royal English Daisy Eau de Toilette 50ml - RRP £9.99 NOW £5.99
I've always wanted this perfume ever since it was released a couple of years ago for Kate Middleton. I've heard Yardley is quite a historical brand in the UK and some of their scents aren't quite - but this one is just perfect for spring and really lifts your spirits!
Elizabeth Arden Deep Cleansing Mask - £4.99
I love to indulge in a face mask at the weekend as my skin gets very oily and this one is great for drawing out all the impurities and giving my skin a good refresh.
Hair:

TIGI Catwalk Headshot Shampoo and Conditioner - RRP £25.90 NOW £11.98

I first used this haircare range in the hairdressers and my locks felt amazing afterwards so I immediately picked this up when I saw it. It makes my hair so soft and silky and I'd definitely re-purchase!

TIGI Rockaholic Rock Out Shine Blaster - RRP £9.95 NOW £3.99

I used the TIGI Rockaholic detangler last year and I was really impressed so I thought I'd invest in this bargain hair oil! I add a little bit to the ends of my hair when it's towel-dried and it adds a lovely sheen to my hair.

Visited TK Maxx recently? Picked up any beauty bargains?

Let me know in the comments or over on Twitter now!

Love,

Sophia

xo

 

6 comments:

  1. fab purchases lovely!! :)..Tkmaxx is seriously dangerous, especially the beauty section!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love tk, they sell so many good beauty brands!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking round TK Maxx looking for bargains! I recently found a lot of OPI polishes which made me very happy! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours of the Orly nail polishes especially the mint one :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours of the nail polishes, the most the middle one:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew Eylure has self-adhesive Katy Perry lashes - I have the glue on ones and love them, so fluttering and of high quality x

    ReplyDelete