Sunday 10 July 2011

More £1 MUA lipsticks!

Hey guys!

I hope you're having a lovely weekend! I worked yesterday and I went to the gym today but that's about it, there's only so much you can do with limited funds! haha. Speaking of funds, you may remember a recent MUA at Superdrug haul I posted about recently (I say haul - it came to £2 lol so hardly haul-worthy). Well, I loved the lipstick SO much that I've bought 2 more in different colours! I already have Shade 11 which is one of my ultimate favourites, seriously, get it girls! The whole range is only £1 so you can't really say no, can you?

Here are my new MUA lipsticks...

(left - shade 13, right - shade 7)

Shade 7

(they don't have names!)

This is a shimmery peachy pink colour that I bought for the daytime.

Before:

After:

This is a lovely, natural peach shade that's perfect for summer. It does have a light shimmer, which I don't tend to like usually but it's hardly noticeable here. I reckon it would suit anyone, it's such a natural, girly shade!

Shade 13

This is a bright, true tomato red that I bought for evenings.

Before:

After:

I know, bright huh! I made the mistake of applying this lipstick without a lip brush at first, major error! It's SO pigmented it's ridiculous!


Eeek, so bright! I'm gonna be honest, I think the second one (shade 13) completely drains me out, it's definitely not suited for pale girls (sorry!) I just think you need a bit of a tan before you can wear this shade. What do you think?

Overall I'm really impressed with the quality of these lipsticks - they're so soft and moisturising, I love applying them. I definitely prefer shade 7 over shade 13 as it's more natural, but I think my original shade 11 beats them hands down really :) Great value for £1 each though, and you get 10% NUS student discount so they're only 90p each really - they're worth way more than that!

I also picked up this MUA blusher in Shade 3. I don't feel comfortable bringing an expensive blusher like my favourite NARS Orgasm around with me in my handbag as I worry it'll get broken/smashed and I just can't afford that right now. So I bought this one to carry around in my handbag with me and just relax that I can afford to buy another if it smashes!

I'm actually VERY impressed with this! I was expecting it to be really dry and for nothing to come out onto the brush, when in fact it's very pigmented and you have to be careful you don't get TOO MUCH product on the brush! I'd describe it as NARS Orgasm but without the shimmer. I use it as a daytime blush for the apples of my cheeks, usually when I'm on the way to work :)

Have you tried Superdrug's MUA range before? Is it something you'd consider? Anything I should try?

Love,

Sophia

xo

4 comments:

  1. Their mascaras are really bad but the rest of their stuff is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blushes, i think i chose shade one, I would recommend the powders too! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your help guys, I will have a look at the powders but skip the mascaras then!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a brown mascara for the days when i don't want to look "made up" and i really like it. Makes my eye lashes look darker without being too black.Love there lipsticks and have all the blush colours too. I couldn't say no for £1 could i??? :)

    ReplyDelete