Tuesday 17 June 2014

Summer Styling: Wartime Inspired Primark Floral Tea Dress With MAC Lady Danger Lipstick

Hey lovelies!
I hope you're having a brilliant evening :)
Last weekend, I went to a birthday party at my friend Rosie's house and the dress code was wartime-inspired tea party so I dug out a little something from my wardrobe to fit the theme.
Here's what I wore...
OOTN:

Dress: Primark (new season)
Wedges: Aldo (old)
Belt: ASOS (old)
I've had this dress for a couple of months now but have only worn it a handful of times. It's quite tight and despite the floaty fabric, not the most forgiving piece from my wardrobe! I added a tan belt to cinch in my waist while tan strappy wedges elongated my legs. I look pretty tanned here as I had just got back from holiday the day before - woop! It's almost completely faded now though :(
FOTN:
Face: Benefit That Gal Primer, Clinique CC Cream (applied with Real Techniques Travel Bronzing Brush*), Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (applied with Avon Powder Brush), NARS Laguna Bronzer, Benefit High Beam.

Eyes: Urban Decay Naked Palette (Naked, Buck), L'Oreal Perfect Slim Super Liner, Benefit They're Real Mascara.

Brows: MAC Eyebrows in Fling, MAC Eyeshadow in Omega (using MAC 189 Brush).

Lips: Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protectant (both to prime lips), Rimmel London Red Lip Liner, MAC Lady Danger Lipstick (applied with The Body Shop Lip Brush).

I centered my make-up look around my lipstick as it was a very bright, vivid shade and didn't need much else to go with it. I wasn't sure about MAC Lady Danger at first but now I'm totally sold - it's the perfect blood-orange red that's more summery than Russian Red, which is more of a classic, blue-undertoned shade. I was pretty tanned from my holiday already but I added some more bronzer to my cheekbones and temples for a sun-kissed look.

I also had my nails done in the Gellux shade Oriental Poppy which you can just about see in the first pic!

Here are some more photos from the evening...
Start of the night... My friend Flo and I posing up a storm

End of the night... Flo and I posing up a storm, but slightly more inebriated

What did you wear this weekend? Let me know in the comments!

Love,

Sophia

xo







1 comment: