Sunday 23 June 2013

Holiday style: Almeria 2013

Happy Sunday ladies! 

I hope you're having a wonderfully relaxing day wherever you are and whatever you're doing :-) 

This week, I returned home from a brilliant family holiday to Almeria in southern Spain. It was my first holiday abroad for three years so of course I made the most of it - spending most of my time on the sun lounger! 

 Obviously during the day it was bikini weather but in the evenings my family and I dressed up for dinner - and cocktails! Here are the outfits I wore at night:
Outfit one:

Maxi dress - Primark

Excuse my lack of tan on the first day! Maxi dresses are normally too long for my petite 5'1" frame but this one was just the right length, even with flats. I nearly styled it with a gold choker necklace but in the end I opted for minimal accessories instead.

Outfit two:

Cut-out dress - Primark
Gladiator sandals - Primark

I fell in love with this dress when I spotted it on the hanger in my local Primarni! You'll see I'm a big fan of the aztec print trend this year as I've got a couple of different looks with the print. I styled the dress with black sandals to draw the look together with the black accents in the dress - and I thought the sandals looked fierce!

Outfit three:

Lime vest - ASOS
Aztec-print maxi skirt - Primark

I literally am obsessed with neon this season so this was one of my favourite outfits. Monochrome is massive for SS13 so I knew I had to have this aztec-print skirt as it ticks two trend boxes in one! The lime green vest added a pop of colour to an otherwise all black and white look.

 Outfit four:

White vest - Primark
Coral maxi skirt (with belt) - Primark

The coral skirt isn't as loose as it looks in the pictures - it was just really windy that night! This maxi has been one of my wardrobe staples this season because it brightens up any outfit and is perfect for any occasion, whether it's lounging in the park or going for afternoon tea. It even matches the sky!

Outfit five:

Floral one-shouldered playsuit - Boohoo*
Tan sandals - New Look
Tan belt - Dorothy Perkins

I did a massive Boohoo haul just before my holiday and I bought this stylish playsuit as well as a beach kaftan. I'm a little bit partial to the floral trend - let's just say I wear it over and over again every summer! I styled this pretty playsuit with tan accessories for a laid-back look.

Outfit six:

White vest - as before
Printed shorts - Pacha for River Island
Tan sandals - as before

I skipped most of the Pacha for River Island collection as it was all a little too skimpy for my liking - plus it was ridiculously expensive - but these shorts caught my eye due to the quirky print. They were great to have on holiday with me as I could wear them by the pool or dress them up for dinner as in the picture above. 

Bring on the next holiday! :-)

What's your signature holiday style? Let me know in the comments or over on Twitter now.

Love,

Sophia

xo

4 comments:

  1. hope you had a fab holiday lovely :) .. love all the outfits especially the boohoo playsuit :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great time, love all the outfits x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely outfits esp the middle dress on the bottom row. We are going to Zante in just under 2 weeks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Maxi Skirt. I think I needs me one too! x

    ReplyDelete