Sunday 30 June 2013

Holiday make-up: Almeria 2013

Hey loves!

I hope you've had a great weekend and are enjoying the sunny weather here in the UK!

So it feels like years ago now, but last week I jetted home from my summer holiday to Almeria in Spain.

During the day, I didn't wear any make up and just protected my skin with sun cream. But in the evenings, I changed up my make up look so it was slightly different to what I do normally.

I brought all this make up with me on holiday but in the end I didn't end up using it all!

I didn't want anything too drastic or heavy - just fresh, dewy skin, defined eyes and glossy lips. Here are some of the beauty looks I chose for Almeria and how I achieved them.

As you can see, my skin still shows through the make up which is I what I wanted. The other thing was that it was still quite hot in the evenings and I didn't want it melting off!

I used the same make up pretty much every day without fail - I hadn't planned to, but you know when you just like how it turned out and you want to stick with that? That's what happened!
Face:

MAC Fix+
I used this every day to prep my skin ready for foundation and primer. I just spritzed a little of this onto an ELF Studio Stipple Brush and buffed it into my skin to give it a dewy finish.

Benefit That Gal Brightening Face Primer
I've used this product for years now and I don't think I could ever be away from it! On a good skin day, I could probably get away with wearing this on its own without foundation but my skin is pretty troublesome so I need a lot of coverage at the moment. It really brightens your skin to give it that 'glow from within'!

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair)
I applied this under my eyes to cover any dark circles but admittedly it was a bit too light once I'd developed a tan. The colour match is much better now I'm home.

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer (Medium)
This is my go-to concealer for spots and blemishes! It's a little dark for me but it blends well and really does cover up everything up. I've found it goes a bit cakey under the eyes though.

Clinique CC Cream (Light) + ELF Studio Stipple Brush
I bought this after I had a makeover at my local Clinique counter at Boots. Unfortunately it's a bit too dark for me on a regular day - the lighter shade was too light! - but it was the perfect shade once I had a tan and I loved the healthy, fresh look it created.

Benefit Powderazzi - Dallas Bronzer and Coralista Blush
I swear by Benefit's Dallas Bronzer for sculpting my cheekbones with the MAC 219 Blush Brush. I also applied Coralista onto the apples of my cheeks with the Cosmpolitan Blusher Brush.

Clinique Up-Lighting Liquid Illuminator (02 Peach)
This is probably one of my all time favourite make up products! It's perfect for creating that 'just got back from holiday golden glow'.

Eyes:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (Original)
I've found this really helps to improve the longevity of my powder and cream eyeshadows so I applied this first all over my eyelids.

Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette
I applied Naked all over my lids, Buck on the crease and Smog on the outer corners.

L'Oreal Paris Super Liner Slim
This is a fairly new addition to my make up bag but I bloody love it and wouldn't be without it now - it's perfect for creating a feline flick.

Natural Collection White Eyeliner
I used this on my lower waterline to open up my eyes and make them really pop.

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I ALWAYS come back to this mascara as it creates a false lash effect like nothing I've ever tried.

Custom MAC Palette - Omega and Charcoal Brown
I fill in my brows using MAC eyeshadows and on holiday I used a combination of Omega and Charcoal Brown with a MAC 217 Brush.

Lips:
LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub
I always make sure my lips are prepped with this to remove any flaky skin prior to applying lipstick.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef
I wore this lipgloss pretty much every day on holiday without fail as it provides a sheer wash of glossy coral colour which I just love.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus (left)

I'm a little bit obsessed with this product as it can be built up depending on the coverage you want and it lasts all night.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick (right)

I think this glossy pink balm stain went perfectly with the colours in my Boohoo play suit and it made a welcome change from corals and reds which I normally wear.

Other:
Kim Kardashian Gold EDT
I've used up all of my Kim Kardashian EDT so I've moved onto Gold now which was the perfect holiday scent! But then of course I'm a bit biased...
Topshop Nails in New Wave
I was actually really impressed with the longevity of this - it lasted about 10 days even with all the chlorine in the pool etc. I used OPI Rapidry Top Coat to seal the colour.

That's it for today - don't forget to tweet me or leave a comment if you have any requests! :)

What's your holiday make up look?
Love,
Sophia
xo

 

No comments:

Post a Comment