Saturday 9 July 2016

Lots Of Lovely New Origins Skincare: Mini Review For Oily Skin Types!

Hi peeps!

So Origins isn't a skincare brand I have tried a lot of over the years - I tend to stick to the same brands (Avene, The Body Shop, etc) and rarely branch away from the norm for fear of wasting my money and/or time.

But I'm an avid follower of Michelle Keegan's blog and she swears by Origins (namely the Dr Weil range) so when I was given a gift set as a present recently, I was eager to try it out...


Here's what I tried...

GinZing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser
GinZing Energy Boosting Moisturiser
GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream
Modern Friction Dermabrasion Scrub
Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
Original Skin Renewal Serum

So first impressions of the GinZing range - well it smells AMAZING (that's if you like fresh, citrusy scents). 

The immediately noticed that the moisturiser doesn't have SPF in it so I tend to just use it before I go to bed and use my Murad moisturiser with SPF30 for during the day. Secondly I have to say, I suffer from oily skin and this exacerbates the problem for me. It is very rich and not suited to my skin type I don't think.

The eye cream has the same scent - I haven't noticed a huge difference in the dark circles under my eyes but then again I have been applying it sporadically i.e. when I remember! I finished up a tube of the facial cleanser and it was lovely and refreshing, and I didn't find that it made my skin more oily. I would use it again.

I LOVED the dermabrasion scrub - I use it a couple of times a week when I'm in the shower and I find it really works to make my skin clear and glowy. The Drink Up overnight mask was again too rich for my skin - and I didn't notice much difference after using the serum.

So overall, a bit of a mixed bunch - some items will be added to my beauty bag (the cleanser and the dermabrasion scrub especially) but others will be relegated to my bottom drawer unfortunately. Again, that's just because I have oily skin - they may work much better for you!

What are your favourite Origins products? And if you're oily-skinned, what are your fave brands and/or products?

Let me know in the comments...

Love,

Sophia xo

Follow me on social media: Twitter - @smoir; Instagram - @smoir90; Snapchat - @smoir90



No comments:

Post a Comment